About Me

My photo
I want to share ways to create a signature style in home design for others by offering ideas and pictures as examples.

Thursday, October 8, 2009

Some pictures of my home:

Having indicated in my original post that I had moved was an understatement. I downsized from a 2,000 square foot home with a pretty and open courtyard in front, to a home less than half that size. When I was still working and before being diagnosed with cancer, I had had the entire inside of my home painted a soft, butter cream color. And I had paid to have literally every piece of furniture upholstered to the tune of $35.00 a square yard.  They all blended beautifully. I had acquired a number of antiques because my ex-husband and I had traveled all over Texas attending auctions and estate sales making purchases for an antiques store we set up for him to run, that ended up going out of business. You know human nature and a good many pieces ended up in our home instead of in the shop.

I wanted to start posting some pictures of my new home.  My grandaughter lives with me. We just refer to the photos of the fireplace as "the canoe". She says it just speaks "peace" to her. It reminds me of the movie, "The Notebook". There are three salt rock crystal rock lights sitting on the hearth. The are supposed to not only light up and emit a soft apricot glow but act as an ionizer. There is also an agave plant in an urn on the hearth as well as a couple of pillows.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 





















 I have chests of drawers sitting on each side of the fireplace in my living room with a cathederal ceiling. This chest hosts Heme the Godess of Youth. I purchased her at an auction. The antique shop was closing due to the death of the owner. The shop was in a quaint little Texas town. I don't think the local folks appreciated her, judging by the fact I was able to pick her up for $50.00.

I hung Palladium mirrors over each chest for symmetry. The mirrors were purchased at Kirklands and were half the amount I would have paid at Ballard Design. The chests are not identical. One is an antique pine chest and it houses my flat screen TV and a lamp with a red lampshade alot like the ones in the kitchen of the movie set, "Somethings Gotta Give".  I will try to post a picture of it soon. The other chest that holds Heme has a scalloped bottom with the carved fan in the center and has cabriole legs.







































 More later.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog