About Me

My photo
I want to share ways to create a signature style in home design for others by offering ideas and pictures as examples.

Sunday, February 28, 2010

THIS HAS BEEN ONE OF THE WORST AND BEST WEEKS OF MY LIFE

Wow, what a week. This is my first post since the 20th. Last Thur. I went to get my chemo treatment and instead got a burning shot in each arm to try and build my white blood cell count back up. The chemo had done it's job--wiped me out literally.

I was told my white blood cell count should have been 1500 but was 500 and that my platelets were also low. I had to go back on Fri. to get another shot and then told I had to go to the hospital on Sat. and Sun. for more shots and tomorrow, Monday I will get my blood work done to see if the white cell blood count is up enough to resume chemo on this coming Thurs.

Today, Sunday, I have noticed my kidneys are throbbing and aching. They have never done that before so it scares me. I will have to stop by the Oncologist's office tomorrow and let him know about my kidneys. ugh!

Now for the best week. First, I received a beautiful pillow that Gina of The Shabby Chic Cottage made and sent me. She knew I had wanted it but could not afford it. She told me that her arms were not long enough to reach out to me and hug me and that hugs didn't last that long but that the pillow would be there for a long time. It has a French blue Fleur De Lis stamped on it. But what I love most is the calligraphy on it. I look at it and am amazed at how much love is represented in that pillow. It is so wonderful to have a new friend that will reach across state lines to send a love gift to me.

BUT THERE IS MORE. Lauren from Pure Style has been keeping all of of us posted all week while BH&G did a photo shoot of her beautiful home for the next Nov. issue. People coming into your home at 8 a.m. and you there with a colicoly newborn! Exciting yes but it had to be stressful too.

She had sent me some sweet cheerful notes this past year knowing I was dealing with cancer. They helped to sustain me. Today I decided it had been long enough and time for me to start blogging again. I don't know why I picked today but I invited someone to join Lauren's and Gina's blogs as a follower. When I went in to start my post for some reason I glanced down and saw that I had a new follower. I had to find out who it was so I could thank her or him. When I opened it up and saw Lauren I just started crying. That was like God giving me a Xmas present. 

I feel so humbled by these two ladies because they are so talented, busy, creative but most of all so caring. These are large people in the blogging world and so they should be. I am grateful for their acknowledgement.

Peace and love to all.
nancy
later.   

2 comments:

  1. Hang in there and hit the bast#@* cancer with all you've got. I'm lucky to have never had to have chemo or radiation. Just the disease. Not much of a club to belong to, is it? Too easy to get in and the devil to quit.

    It's spring here today and reason enough to celebrate. I hope your weeks have gotten better.

    Thanks for the comment! (Subscribe via email or RSS feed on my sidebar)

    Sincerely,
    Chris

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sending you a stranger's love and support.

    ReplyDelete

Search This Blog