About Me

My photo
I want to share ways to create a signature style in home design for others by offering ideas and pictures as examples.

Thursday, March 18, 2010

A Home To House Art

In March, 2008, Veranda Magazine told the story of an art curator and steward who bought a condo in Atlanta as a blank slate. She hired designer Nancy Braithwaite to take the lady's contemporary art and antique furniture collections and create a beautiful home for them and her friends.


A soft color palette was used so as not to take away from the acquired treasures.

Photos by Jonn Coolidge.




Love the steel table sculpture.


What piece of furniture could you not sink down into?

 

One word to describe the home??????


                                                                            COMFORTABLE

later.

2 comments:

  1. What a beautiful home with such a serene color scheme. Thanks for visiting my blog yesterday, my rug is from Target and the sideboard is from a Colorado retailer. I'm so sorry to hear about your cancer, I will say a prayer for a swift recovery, and strength to get through this difficult time. Big hug from me!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nancy, your pictures are great! I love the soft color palette, and the rug is gorgeous with the white furniture. I will continue to pray for you, and that you get good results on your test. Blessings... Daphne

    ReplyDelete

Search This Blog